Hello! I have not been able to keep everything updated this year like I wanted to! I hope to be able to keep up with posting what we are doing with our unit through the end of the year. This is a 14 week unit..so we will be working on it through the end of June!
We are having a lot of fun already!
I will do a separate post for each week’s worth of activities..with an outline of what we did/resources we used and pictures! Depending on how many pictures there are, I will probably do a slideshow….it is the easiest way to post a lot of pictures and still be able to explain what we are doing!
If you have any questions about our activities, please let me know!
We use the KONOS curriculum. The unit we are doing is from Volume 3. The numbers/pages referenced are from Volume 3: Cooperation-States and Regions
Week 1 of 14: Overview
- Bible: Romans 12:18
- #1 – attempt to draw outline of US..practice throughout unit
- #2 – attempt to label states on wordless map
- #10 – Where would you find major natural disasters (see book)
- Bible: romas 14:19
- Writing: #14 (older) – write book about USA..various options in Volume
- #15 – Make “States” notebook– add to it as you go through the unit
- #21 – Learn to spell states
- #22 – Learn two-letter state abbreviations
- #24 – learn cities and identify on map
- #25 – learn time zones
- (older) #13 – Plan family trip to National Parks.
- #21 continue
- #22 continue
- Bible: 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Give students pages with state names and abbreviations for notebook reference
- #26 – Learn National parks (see pg 109)
- #27 – Do puzzles of US
- #28 – use puzzle, find missing state
- #30 – Use puzzle..sort by region (see Volume)
- Mark regions on big map
- #3 – build own big US Map or make large map (see book for details)
- #4 – take pictures of work in #3
- #5 – Add lakes,, rivers and mountains to map(s)